Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pinwheel Quilt

I was actually able to finish a baby quilt! My awesome friend, Kelli, gave me the inspiration to make this Pinwheel quilt. She recently made one for one of her friends and posted a picture of it on Instagram. Her quilt looked amazing & she said it didn't take too long to make because she cut each block of fabric 10 x 10. So, making the quilt really did go pretty fast. My husband's cousin, Courtney, found out she was having a baby girl. So far I haven't had the opportunity to make a quilt for a little girl. This quilt was a lot of fun and it took me out of my color schemes 'comfort zone' that I usually use.  I sure hope this quilt will keep little Viviana nice and warm once she arrives in October. Well, I'm not sure she'll need any extra help staying warm since she will be living in Tampa, Florida. Maybe it can be her tiny beach blanket? :)

 10 x 10 blocks

 Quilt sandwich in progress!

 Finished Top!

 Backside of the quilt, pink minky dimple dot fabric. So soft!!!

Photo by my lovely sister in law, Kate. She took a picture of the quilt in Viviana's room.

1 comment: