This morning I finished the binding for this quilt I've been working on for the last few months. I put it in the washer & dryer only to find about 5 spots where my fabric pulled away from each other on the top layer. I'm not sure if this quilt is worth saving since there are so many rips in it. This was a bittersweet lesson to learn. The next time I make a quilt I'm going to give every line I sew a good tug to make sure it doesn't look like there is any chance of it pulling apart. Overall I had a wonderful time working on this quilt and I learned a lot. I'm honestly just sad that a lot of fabric was wasted. I think it's time to set this project to the side and figure out what to do with it later on.
(Top side of the quilt)
(Bottom side of the quilt)